Frequently asked questions on  **Immigration**

Immigration  /  What are my rights ?

There are three main ways to obtain permanent
residency in the U.S.:
1.  A close family member who is a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident can
sponsor you.  U.S. Citizens can sponsor their spouses, children (minor and
adult), siblings and parents.  Permanent Residents can only sponsor their
spouses, children (minor and adult) and parents for permanent residency.  
Sponsored minor children and spouses are a higher priority and receive
faster processing from the USCIS (United States Citizen and Immigration
Services), formerly the INS.
2.  An employer can sponsor a employee who has an appropriate
background of education and/or experience.  The employer must be willing
and financially able to pay the employee a competitive wage and commit to
employing the person indefinitely (e.g. at least two years), though forever is
not required.
3.  An individual who obtains political asylum can then apply for permanent
residency without a family member or employer sponsor.

Immigration /
how can you help me:

I can prepare all the appropriate forms required for you as an individual to
sponsor a family member or for you as an employer to sponsor an employee.
 I will continue to represent you through the interview process and respond
to any requests by USCIS for more information. If your budget is more
limited, and you are willing to fill out the forms yourself, I would be more than
happy to review your draft forms before you submit them.  I will inform you of
corrections to make and suggest other improvements.  Occasionally, the
immigration process requires a hearing or an appeal.  Representation by an
attorney at that point may be critical to a successful outcome or to minimizing
the impact of a negative outcome.

special topics:  

Recently, a national debate has occurred regarding how immigration law
should be reformed.   The House of Representatives proposed a bill that
would make it a felony to be "out of status" as well as tighten the border
between the United States and Mexico.  Those who crossed the border
illegally were never in legal status from the start.  Those people who came
here on a temporary visa (e.g. a non-immigration work visa or student visa)
and stayed past their expiration date or otherwise violated the terms of their
visa become out of status. The Senate proposed a bill that would give legal
work status to those who have been present for a certain number of years.  
The legal workers would then qualify to apply for permanent residency. Until
both houses of Congress can develop compromise legislation that passes
and receives the signature of the President,  people who are out of status
will continue to be considered illegal aliens, but the USCIS only has the civil
remedy of deporting such "illegals," not the criminal option of charging them
with a felony or any level of crime.

To discuss  the particulars of your case please "click"   :

For further information about the immigration process and to download
forms, "click"  on                                                                 
Contact me